Karin's Sun Border
Polo Pony Bed
Pump House Garden
|Hughes Spalding Sr. owned the farmland that became
McFarlane Nature Park.
Spalding contracted with well known architect
Henry Toombs to build the still existing farmhouse in 1941. The
acreage was more than the current 11.5 acre site, extending to the
Chattahoochee River on the south and west to meet the land of John
Sibley. Additional acreage was owned by the family on the Fulton
County side of the river.
Spalding's Path is planted with native buckeye, azaleas and American
|Return to MGVCC Gardens List